C.N. KARUNAKARAN born in Brahmakulam.Near Guruvayur, kerala in 1940, Diploma in design(first class) from GovernmentSchool of Arts and Crafts Madras.Diploma in Painting- Advanced course(first class) from Government college of Fine Arts Madras. Worked as Designer with Madras Design Demonstration Center- A Government of Madras unit for research and Improvement of Hsndicrafts. Art instructor at kalapeetom, Kochi-1970,1973. Started 'Chitrakottam'-First Private Art Gallery in Kerala, 1973-1977.
SOLO EXHIBITIONS OF PAINTINGS
- Madras- 1968,75 & 93
- Kochi- 1970.84,92,94,96,97,98,2000,2001 & 2005
- Calicut- 1973,93 & 98
- Thiruvanathapuram- 1995,96, 98 & 2000
- Jahangir Art Gallery, Mumbai- 1996,2000 & 2005
- Taj Art gallery, Mumbai- 1997 & 2000
- The Gallery Leela, Mumbai- 1997
- ABC Art Gallery, Varanasy- 1999
- Galeria Ralino, Goa- 1999
- Art Konsult Gallery, New Delhi- 2000
- NehruCentre, Mumbai-2001,2004
- Kottayam- 2001/Trissur- 2001
- Rio De Jenerio, Brazil- 2002
- Parathy, Brazil- 2002, SawPaulo,Brazil-2002
- Braseelia, Brazil-2002
- Embassy of India Washington DC,USA-2003
- "Adithi" Indian Cusine, Washington DC,USA- 2003, Asian Art Gallery, Vienna-2003, Kuwait-2003
- Travancore Gallery- New Delhi-2006
- Group Shows at all Major Cities inIndia and Abroad since 1963.
- Government of Madras Gold Medal for the best outgoing student 1956.
- Madras Lalithakala Academy 1964
- Kerala Lalithakala Academy- 1971,72 &75
- P.T Bhaskara Paniker Award 2000
- Malayattoor Ramakrishnan Award-2003
- Rotary Club of Kochi ExcellencyAward-2004
- Kerala lalithakala Academy Fellowship-2005
Films: Aswathamavu, Ore Thooval Pakshikal, Akkare, Purushartham and Aaleesinte Anweshanam.
Malayala Manorama Weekly, Kalakaumudi Weekly, Kerala Kaumudi, Malayalanadu,
Chintha, Deshabhimani, Kumkumam Mathrubhumi, Bhashaposhini & IndiaToday.